- What is Breather?Breather is a quiet space amidst the chaos. It’s an environment beyond your office, home or neighborhood coffee shop. Breather spaces punctuate your work life so that you can meet, work and focus without distraction.
- How do I get into the space?Breather spaces are unlocked by checking in via the app when you arrive. You’ll receive a unique pin code that can be used to unlock the door. Select locations have an in-person receptionist.
- When will Breather come to my city?We’re growing fast. Vote for your city here.
- I’ve been invited as a guest to a Breather. What does that mean?Someone has invited you to their reservation, lucky you! Sign up for a free account to view the reservation details and access the space. You can use our website or our app to check-in – you’ll receive a unique pin code that allows you to unlock the door. As a guest, you don’t have permission to edit, extend or cancel a reservation. If you’re a new user, you’ll also receive free credit towards your next reservation. Enjoy!
- What if I’d like to book for someone else, or for a group?Easy – simply invite people to your reservation. They’ll be able to check-in just like you can, but cannot edit, extend or cancel the reservation.
- What’s inside a Breather?All Breather spaces include WiFi, phone chargers, pencils and candy. Furnishings vary by location, but most Breathers include a workspace area with table, chairs and a whiteboard, and a lounge area with a couch and other comfortable seating. Select spaces include flatscreens with Apple TV, ensuite kitchens, waiting rooms and more.
- Are the spaces private?Unless marked “semi-private,” all our spaces are private. Breather spaces are managed by our friendly operations associates — they clean after every reservation, so they’re never far if you have any questions.
- Are there restrooms in Breather spaces?All Breathers have a restroom on the premises, and select locations have restrooms within the space. Restroom information can be found on your booking details page, and is also posted inside the space. For specifics, please consult individual location listings.
- How often are the rooms cleaned?Our operations associates clean the rooms after every booking.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Are food and drink permitted in Breather spaces?
Food and beverages are permitted in all Breather spaces, unless indicated otherwise. However, we ask that you be mindful of the furniture. Couches and curry do not mix!
Planning on ordering catering? Please send the details of your event, including the number of guests, prior to booking to email@example.com. We’re happy to point you to spaces with adequate resources for food service, storage and disposal.
Any food mishaps? Just give us a call so we can ensure our operations associates can have things spic and span for the next guest.
- Is alcohol permitted in Breather spaces?Alcohol is not permitted in our spaces. Breather should be the only buzz you need!
- Can I take photos and videos during my reservation?
Yes! Unless otherwise stated in the “Need to Know” field on individual listing pages, Breather spaces allow filming and photography. If you plan to have a crew or video equipment, or even if you’re just looking for something specific, please give us a call—we can help you find a space that will accommodate your needs.
For your safety and that of our staff, we do not permit furniture to be moved. Please note that subject matter of your production must comply with our Terms of Service.
- Can I smoke or vape in a Breather?All Breathers are strictly non-smoking. No vapes either, please. We reserve the right to charge a deep cleaning fee if you smoke or vape.
- Are pets allowed in a Breather?No pets are allowed in Breather spaces, with the exception of certified service animals.
- Are children allowed in Breather spaces?Although members must be 18 and over to use our service, children are allowed in Breather spaces when accompanied by an adult.
- Can I host an event/pop-up shop in a Breather?Not all of our locations are suitable for events. Give us a call and we can point you to an appropriate space!
- Can I stay in a Breather overnight?No, our spaces are not available overnight. We do have locations open in the evenings, though.
- If I book multiple days in a row, can I leave my belongings in a Breather?Unfortunately no. Breather is not liable for your belongings. Please take them with you at the end of your reservation, even if you’re returning first thing the following day. This will also allow us to tidy up the space before you arrive the next morning.
- Can I rearrange or move the furniture?For your safety and to avoid damage, we ask that you do not move the furniture in Breather spaces. If you are looking for a space for a photoshoot, give us a call and we’ll help you find the right one.
- Can I use a Breather as a business or mailing address?We do not permit the use of a Breather space as a business or mailing address.
- Anything else I can’t do in a Breather space?If you wouldn’t do it in your office, you shouldn’t do it in a Breather. Be respectful, honor our Terms of Service and leave the room the way you’d like to find it. We have a zero tolerance policy for any activity that’s illegal or inappropriate, and we reserve the right to assess fees for the total cost surrounding any incidents.
- How do I pay?Breather will charge the total cost of your stay directly to your credit or direct debit card at the end of your reservation. You can upload a method of payment through your Payment Settings. You will receive an invoice via email once your reservation has ended. Please note that we pre-authorize new credit cards for the amount of $250 to ensure their validity for incidentals.
- How much does Breather cost?Breather bookings are billed by the hour, according to the hourly rate listed at the time of reservation. Many locations have different hourly rates for peak and off-peak periods. For half-day or full-day bookings, take a look at our Discount Packages!
- What types of payment do you accept?We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit and debit cards. Unfortunately, we do not accept prepaid, reloadable credit cards or other forms of payment (i.e. PayPal, Bitcoins, etc.).
- Why is there a $250 pre-authorization for my first booking?We pre-authorize new credit cards for the amount of $250 to ensure their validity for incidentals. This will only happen the first time you make a reservation with that card. Though Breather releases the funds immediately, it usually takes the bank 3-5 business days to process the refund. Keep in mind that all refunds are subject to your bank's individual processing times and vary greatly depending on your selected method of payment. This policy is to ensure the quality of our service and insure the peace of mind of those who use it.
During my reservation
- I arrived early for my reservation. Can I check in?If there’s no booking directly before you, and the room isn’t being cleaned, you can check-in up to 15 minutes before your reservation begins. If early check-in isn’t available, it will be indicated on the check-in screen.
- How do I access WiFi in the room?WiFi information is accessible on the reservation details page for your booking. Certain locations will request that you confirm your email address before connecting.
- What if I need to leave the room during my reservation?The door will lock behind you, but the PIN code remains valid for the duration of your stay – don’t forget to bring your phone with you! You can re-enter the Breather space by entering the PIN code on the door keypad.
- What happens if I don’t leave on time?
If you stay in the room, we’ll give you a 5 minute grace period to collect your things. After that, one of our operations associates will knock to let you know your time is up. Our staff is there to clean the space for the next guest and help ensure a good experience for everyone.
If you’d like to extend your reservation, please give us a call or let our operations associate know and we’ll do our best to accommodate. If you continue to stay in the room after the operations associates has knocked, and the space is available, we will extend your reservation for you and the charge will be reflected on your final invoice.
- What happens if I forget something in the room?If your reservation has ended and you’ve left something in the room, not to worry. Our operations associates tidy up after every booking, so if they find anything left behind, they’ll take it to the city office for you to retrieve at your convenience. Please contact customer care to arrange a pickup.
- If I leave early, do I still get charged the total amount?Yes, you will be charged for the length of your reservation, even if you decide to leave early. You can cancel or modify your reservation up to 2 hours before it begins.
Extending your reservation
- Can I extend my reservation?You may extend your stay if there is no reservation immediately following yours. To do so, tap the green “Extend” circle on your reservation screen. You’ll be able to choose between 30, 60, 90 and 120 minute increments if the schedule permits.
- I decided I wanted to extend my reservation, but now the app isn’t letting me.If you would like to extend but your reservation time is up, give us a call and we’ll extend it for you if the space is available.
Cancelling your reservation
- What’s your cancellation policy?You may cancel up until 2 hours before your reservation begins – absolutely free of charge. Within 2 hours of the reservation start time, it is no longer possible to cancel and you will be billed for the complete reservation. You always have 15 minutes after making a reservation to cancel without penalty, no matter when you book.
- What is the Breather referral program?Our referral program allows you to invite friends to try Breather for free by sharing your personal promo code. When they check-in for the first time, you earn credits to use towards your next reservation. The amount of the credit has been specially calculated to ensure you can book a full hour in most of our spaces.
- What currency are Breather credits in?Credits are in the currency of your country.
- What happens to the free hours I already accumulated?As of April 21st 2016, your free hours will be translated into their equivalent value in your currency.
- I still have questions. What do I do?We’re happy to help! Just give us a call at or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.